Gray County Clerk


 The Department of Defense encourages all military personnel to record their discharge papers (DD214) for safekeeping with the county clerk of residence. There is no fee for recording your discharge in Gray County. The original will be returned to you after it is recorded.

Recording the military discharge provides a permanent record for future proof of service for veteran's benefits and other uses. If you move at some point after recording your DD214 here, you should also have it recorded in the County Clerk's office in your new home county.

Military record's are closed records and not accessible to the public. In order to have access or receive copies you must be:

  • The veteran who is the subject of the record
  • The legal guardian of the veteran*
  • The spouse, child or parent of the veteran, or if there is no living spouse, child or parent- the nearest living relative of the veteran*
  • The personal representative of the estate of the veteran*
  • The person named by the veteran in an appropriate power of attorney*
  • Another governmental body, such as a Veteran's Service Officer or Law Enforcement

*Proof of legal authorization and personal identification is required.

Certified copies are provided to the veteran or family members at no cost.

DD-214 Application




"Serving Gray County since 1928"
Gray County Clerk | 806-669-8004 | P.O. Box 1902 | Pampa, Texas 79066-1902